First of all, I have a gigantic cat laying on my arms so that it's making it very hard for me to type. Second, I think we are discussing the pros/cons and the addicting qualities of social networking. Also, our thoughts on the subject.
Personally, as a user of a social networking, such as facebook or twitter, I find it very addicting. Now I'm not saying that it's like drugs or cigarettes. But still, it's an addiction. I find myself wanting to check my book of faces account every half hour or so, checking to see who is avalible to "chat," and to update my status frequently. I also hear stories about how young teenagers who have these accounts are preyed on by total creeps.
But, on the other hand, these social networking sites can help. I have a ton of family that I would not even know I have if I didn't have a facebook account. Also, I have a lot of friends who I don't see very often, but I can know what they're up to. These people are precious to me, and yet, I hardly see them. How can this be? It's because we stay connected through social networking. These sites also help business and schools with getting their name out, creating events, and even posting special offers.
In conclusion, I think social networking sites are addicting, as one would be to coffee or potato chips, but they are helpful in various ways. Yes, these sites can be dangerous, especially to young teens, but they help keep people connected.
not much to add to that
ReplyDeleteI say, jolly good show wot wot!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, good job.
You showed both sides for what they were and came to a well thought out conclusion based on all the facts.
Thank you! I did my best to remain neutral. As for the research paper we have to write, I have no clue what I'm going to do about that.
DeleteTaylor, did you get a new acount?
DeleteAnyway, this was a very well thought out post- probably one of the best in the group. You fairly weighed the pros and cons, and came to an inevitable conclusion. Jolly good show indeed.
-McKinley